While this document is no longer required for Personal Service Settings (salons), we want to ensure that everyone understands our protocols and feels safe in our space. We are currently exceeding health and safety guidelines.
This document shares how Hair Holistic will keep employees and other people safe at our workplace. Please ensure you are familiar with everything it contains, any questions or concerns should be directed to:
The COVID-19 pandemic is an evolving situation – this plan will be reviewed regularly and changes made as required. Please note, our protocols may exceed the provincial and federal guidelines.
All guidance and protocols will be available online. They will be regularly reviewed and updated by Diana, with guidance from Toronto Public Health, the provincial/federal government and the healthcare community.
ScreeningAre you currently experiencing any of the below symptoms?
Cough or barking cough
Shortness of breath
Decrease or loss of taste or smell
Have you tested positive for COV-19 in the last 10 days?*
Have you had close contact without PPE to a probable or confirmed case of COV-19 in the last 7 days?*
Have you been advised to quarantine by a medical professional in the last 7 days?
If Employees or clients answer yes to the above questions, they will not be able to come into the studio until screening is passed. *exceptions may be granted for Employees for #3 and #4, on a case by case basis.
- Employees must self screen prior to each shift (or anytime they are coming into the studio).
- Mandatory active COVID-19 screening for clients is issued automatically via the reminder email 48 hours in advance, and must be completed 24 hours prior to their appointment.
- Passive screening, and mask requirements will be posted at the entrance of Hair Holistic, exceeding provincial protocols.
Reducing Transmission in the Studio
- All Employees and clients must complete proper screening.
- Anyone entering the building will be required to wear a surgical or medical mask at all times, and sanitize or wash their hands immediately on entry.
- Cancellation fees for clients will be waived for anyone with possible exposure, or symptoms of COVID-19.
- 3 paid sick days are available for Employees.
- Employees have access to COV-19 Rapid Antigen tests as needed.
- Plexiglass barriers will remain in place at the shampoo basins.
All high touch surfaces (washroom, handles, front desk, etc) will be cleaned regularly.
- Employee hours will be concentrated into fewer days to reduce travel exposure and accommodate increased workload, and emotional impacts.
- All required Health and Safety materials will be supplied by Hair Holistic including cleaning products, PPE and weekly COV-19 Rapid Tests.
- Employees are encouraged to bring forward ideas for better practices, or easier implementation.
- We will listen to questions and concerns from our clients and ensure feedback is considered.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: