COV-19 Safety Plan Snapshot
This snapshot is posted so our employees, guests and other people entering the workplace know what actions are being taken to ensure a safe space.
Business name: Hair Holistic
Date completed: June 29, 2021
Division/group: Personal Service Setting (Salon)
Measures we’re taking
- All workers are up to date and compliant with current public health guidelines and recommendations.
All rules are communicated to workers and guests coming into our studio. We have a zero tolerance policy for anyone that is not compliant.
How we’re ensuring workers know how to keep themselves safe from exposure to COVID-19
- Employee hours will be concentrated into fewer days to reduce travel exposure.
- All safety protocols will be reviewed by Management and posted in common areas of the salon for reference.
- Management will review provincial and municipal Public Health guidelines regularly and any changes will be adjusted on all protocol sheets, this document, as well as communicated verbally and by email.
- All required Health and Safety materials will be supplied including cleaning products and PPE by Hair Holistic.
Report any work-related illness and exposures to the Ministry of Labour, as required under the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
How we’re screening for COVID-19
- A mandatory active COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire for all employees of Hair Holistic via Google Form must be completed prior to each shift (or anytime they are coming into the studio).
- Mandatory active COVID-19 screening for clients/visitors is issued via Google Forms with the reminder email 48 hours in advance, and must be completed 24 hours prior to their appointment. It is verbally confirmed that nothing has changed in regards to their Health Screening Questionnaire when they come into the studio for their appointment. This screening is done by the stylist they have an appointment with.
Passive screening, and mask requirements will be posted at the entrance of Hair Holistic, referencing the provincial protocols.
How we’re controlling the risk of transmission in our workplace
Physical distancing and separation
- Stations have been spaced at least 6 ft apart and we have added plexiglass barriers where this is not possible, at the shampoo basins. Guests are asked to physically distance while in the space.
- All stations, tools and the front desk are wiped down and sanitized between every guest.
- High touch surfaces are sanitized twice per day.
- Anyone entering the studio must have a mask on the entire time.
- Anyone entering the studio must pass either active and/or passive screening (dependant on their time in the studio).
What we will do if there is a potential case, or suspected exposure to, COVID-19 at our workplace
- If an employee does not pass the Health Screening Questionnaire or shows symptoms of a respiratory illness or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, they must remain at home and may be advised to contact: their health care provider, Telehealth Ontario, Toronto Public Health.
- If a guest does not pass the Health Screening Questionnaire or shows symptoms of a respiratory illness or other symptoms associated with COVID-19, they must immediately leave and go home to isolate in accordance with public health guidelines.
We will work with Toronto Public Health, providing contact information of any possible close contact exposures, and may shut down for deep cleaning if necessary.
How we’re managing any new risks caused by the changes made to the way we operate our business
- We are continuing to review the recommendations given by the Ontario government, Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health.
- We have adjusted our employee work schedules to reflect the higher workload, and mental capacity our job requires.
- We have regular check-ins to review our protocols, as well as bring forward any concerns, or ideas to improve.
How we’re making sure our plan is working
- Management will review protocols weekly with information from the public health unit and provincial government and communicate this accordingly.
- Employees are encouraged to bring forward ideas for better practices, or easier implementation.
- We will listen to questions and concerns from our clients/visitors as well, and ensure feedback is considered.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: